Re: Back on the web

From: Christopher Albers (Christopher.Albers(at)bubbs.biola.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 17 1999 - 15:24:00 CDT

tim.rita(at)home.com writes:
>Now, could someone succinctly bring me up to speed regarding headers for
>the 1725 engine. The last thread I saw discussed the Kirk (?) headers
>and then someone mentioned either Sunbeam Specialties or Classic Sunbeam
>had stainless steel headers. What's the latest thought? Has anyone
>actually tried any of the products?

I have the stainless header that SS sells. It is basically the same
unit as the early Series "tri-Y" header setup, modified to fit a car
with an alternator. The performance enhancement over the stock iron
exhaust manifold is moderate, nothing to write home about. But it
looks real nice and should at least keep the engine compartment a
little cooler (I wrapped mine in fabric insulation and painted it
black).

Christopher