Re: Zero Alpine content - Pokemon

From: Kurt Eckert (alpine(at)mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 21:23:37 CDT

Yeah It's weird how kids just get obsessed about collecting things. They
just have to have all of them even if they have no place in their garage to
store that stock Series III GT that the old lady in New Hampshire is just
about GIVING away.....uhhh...no I...uhhh...mean the new squirtle card.

In all seriousness I find it annoying too. My experience is that it is best
to not allow them to spend little to no money on the stuff and it blows over
in a few months. Of course in a few months there will be another gotta have
toy/game/card. I seem to remember going through the same obsessions when I
was a kid and I turned out OK. Well alright I turned out to be an obsessive
car nut, but other than that I am fine.

Kurt