Re: Speedometer and Tach Question

From: Ron Tebo (tebomr(at)cadvision.com)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 09:05:24 CST

Andrew Gregg wrote:

> Does anyone know what the correct model number or appearance is for a 63
> Series 3 Alpine Tach and Speedo by Jeager/Smith? I have a set, but I am not
> sure if they are for my alpine.
> Thanks,
> Andrew Gregg
> viber(at)southold.com

Andrew:

According to the parts manual (1966), the mph speedo without /OD is part
#SN532416
and with /OD, is SN532418. This was exclusive to series III, apparently,
since I and II, IV, and V have different part nos. The rev. counter (tach.) is
RN1316/00 and is, again, exclusive to series 3. The main differences were in
the trip reset, warning lights and needle color until they switched to the
electronic tach. in series V.

These are the Jaeger/Smith part numbers. The Series III Rootes #'s are
#1217909 and1218031 respectively for the two mph speedos, and #1206221 for
the rev counter. Write if you have something different.

Ron Tebo