rear bearing seals

From: robert nanzig (rnanzig(at)webtv.net)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 09:54:13 CST

    I am in the process of fitting a new differential in my series 5 and
now that I have the hubs removed I am confused about the oil seals
associated with the axle bearings. It appears that I can replace the one
around the bearing that looks similar to an o-ring . There are remnants
of paper gaskets on the axle side of the brake back plate that can be
replaced but at this point I can't tell what else is renewable and the
shop manual I have covers all series which only leads to more confusion.
Any help?

Rob Nanzig
67SV