Re: alpine soft top

From: Colin Cobb (cobmeister(at)zianet.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 12:37:52 CST

Hey Guys,

Kelly Rasmussen asked about a soft top for an Alpine and someone suggested
Rick at S/S.

Rick used to sell the Robbins tops, one of which I installed on my '65 Tiger.
When I attempted to purchase another top for our Series V Alpine Rick said he
no longer carried soft tops because he couldn't compete with the tops being
offered by Caribou.

I did find a number for Caribou (not easy until I found 'em online) and bought
a top from them. I think the Caribou top (canvas) is FAR superior to the
Robbins top. (HOWEVER we have not yet installed the Caribou.) The Caribou top
really looks good! I think I gave about $230 for it. When I bought the top
they had a black one in stock but could also have made one up from blue, tan,
or brown material.

I would definitely talk to them before buying anywhere else.

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA