Fw: "Hillman - " Foreign Orders

From: Russell & Neola (rmaddock(at)petrie.hotkey.net.au)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 16:44:34 CST

If you have a 1969 Humber Sceptre then it would share much with the Hillman
Hunter, a model which comes a dime a dozen in Britain and many of its
colonies. Hunters were sold in North America as Sunbeam Arrows.
Mechanically, a 1969 Sceptre would be similar to the fastback Sunbeam Rapier
(Alpine GT in North America).

Broadly speaking there were two types of Sceptre. The early one was curvy
with fins. The later Hunter-based one was very boxy looking.

Humbers were luxury cars so they weren't built in large volumes.

UK magazines such as Practical Classics have price guides that will help
you.

Russ Maddock