Re: switch bezels

From: Ian Spencer (ian(at)sunbeamalpine.org)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 17:53:47 CST

To do them right, you would need to make a mould. With the materials available
today, this could be done very easily, and with not too much expense and no
polishing. I worked for a rapid prototyping company during college. Something
like those could be made in a simple mould in about a day, using an original
part to mould from. One mould would probably produce a dozen or two parts
before the quality would go down. I used to dream of reproducing early series
weather stripping and stuff like that. If I had stayed there after college, I
probably would have pulled some things off. I could probably go back and make
some things though....now you've got my mind wondering. well...no sleep
tonight. - ian

--
Ian Spencer <www.sunbeamalpine.org>
'61 Harrington Alpine B9104782 OD HRO