Re: Dash Switches

From: robert nanzig (rnanzig(at)webtv.net)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 20:07:12 CST

Bob wrote:
I thought this was for the engine compartment light option thats shown
on the S.II wiring diagram. Was this one of those factory options that
was never fitted or does someone out there actually have a car equipped
with one?
Regards, Bob Douglas

    I've always meant to ask if the engine bay light on my SV is rootes
equipment. It is mounted on the fender next to the distributor and is
shaped like a torpedo. At one end is a toggle switch and on the other
end is a frosted glass light that detaches from the housing, has about 2
feet of wire coiled in it and a little hook for hanging it close to your
work. Sound familiar? BTW, it is not wired through the harness but may
have been at one time.

Rob Nanzig
67SV