Re: Dash delamination

From: Ian Spencer (ian(at)sunbeamalpine.org)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 17:46:40 CST

I agree, the paper backed veneers are very nice to work with. I made a wood
dash a few years back and used the non-backed veneer. It turned out very
nice, but Larry is right about the splitting. I would recommend using a two
part epoxy clear coat to finish the dash. This is the same product used to
coat bars and wood counter tops. I was able to buy it from a local home
improvement store. I believe it is called crystal sheen?? or something like
that. It is easy to use and works with just two coats. Just don't forget to
put the white rub off letters on the wood veneer before coating it.You can
get these letters from any office supply or art store. I was able to match
the size and font without any problem. - Ian

--
Ian Spencer <www.sunbeamalpine.org>
'61 Harrington Alpine B9104782 OD HRO