Gas Cap

From: Jay Laifman (Jay_Laifman(at)countrywide.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 11:00:01 CST

As a neophyte S3 owner, I am happy and embarrassed to report that I have
cured my gasoline leak along the fin. I realized this morning after I
filled up that I was not TIGHTENING the dang thing! I'd simply turned it a
little bit until it clicked into the safety catch, not realizing that I
should continue to twist it! I guess that's what happens after 20 years of
Series V flip-cap ownership ;-)

Jay

P.S. IMHO, those aftermarket shifter knobs look more clunky at the end of
the slender Alpine shift stalks.