Sealing air lines

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Sealing air lines
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:27:50 EST
One of the lines for my air door system is leaking and I can't get it sealed.
I have tried replacing the brass compression fitting, shortening the hose to a
fresh spot, and using a new nut. I repeated this a couple of times then tried
placing silicone over the fitting. None of this has stopped the leak. It is a
small leak, but enough to drain the system in a day. I can verify it is
leaking by placing some soapy water on the fitting and watching it bubble.

Any ideas on how to get this sealed? The hose is old and rather stiff so my
next guess is that it is too hard for the compression fitting to bite into
adequately. If I don't hear any better ideas, I will next try replacing the
hose.

Scott Isensee