Re: Have you ever replaced headlight actuator?

To: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Have you ever replaced headlight actuator?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 08:13:26 -0500
At 07:36 PM 4/3/98 PST, K M wrote:

>My passenger side actuator needs to be replaced -- while troubleshooting
>my headlights to get them to come up automatically that is the only
>problem that I found.  I have about 17 lbs of vacuum everywhere but when
>I put a hose on that actuator and sucked, it just flowed freely.

Kim, sound like you found the problem.

>I read that the vacuum parts are from a vette, is that true

Yes and also found in a 78 Lincoln.  I've heard that the Vetts used
as least 2 different types though.  If you have any junk yards near you;
you might want to see if you can't find a used one.  Otherwise check
with Terry or Bob or take your old one off and take it with you to a
Chevy. dealer or Vett restoratoin shop and see how much they want for
one.

>are the right and left sides different?

I dont remember, but I don't think so.

Thanks for the info on being able to rebuild them.  We'll be looking
forward to hearing how it goes.  Also take some pictures of the process,
the actuator in the car, take notes on how you take it out, how you
open it up, more pictures, and you've got an interesting article for
The Brickline.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V