Re: Body Panel

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Body Panel
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 18:47:19 -0500
At 02:23 PM 4/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>A letter to all........On monday I received a call from the garage I
>store my1733 because of the winter season, that the roof
>collapse!!!!!!!!   I went there right away to find that I cant go in and
>not noing how's my car police and fire department would not let us in
>because of safety hydro pole might fall in . The next day it took me 12
>hours to shovel the four feet of snow and cut trough the debris .
>Finally I can see my car there a main beam kneeling on my passenger rear
>quarter panel braking the hatch and popping the rear window .The front
>windshield crack and I was the lucky one , 8 more car and 1 speed boat
>total wrecks. Now its time to replace rear right and left quarter panel
>, roof panel ,and rear panel, how much would it cost me in labor and did
>anyone buy any panel from Bob's Brickyard are they good product is
>fiberglass better then acrylic are the panel just ready to install what
>I mean what should I look forward to!!!!!!

Serge,

  Bummer!!!!  I don't know if you really want to do the work or have it
done.  But a very rough estimate of the parts:

 $1000 - Fiberglass quarter panel @ 500 ea.
   600 - Windshield
   600 - Rear hatch
   300 - Rear panel
   300 - Roof panel
--------
 $2800 - total parts

I have no idea what the labor would be.  I'd guess $1500 and up.

So you're looking at about $5,000 for the repairs.  I hope you have
a bill of sale for about $10,000 or have had the car appraised.  Remember
the insurance company is your enemy!!!  They are going to try and short
change you and total the car!!!

Good luck and keep us posted.  The car is NOT totaled and is quite
fixable!!!!

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi