Re: Hagerty Ins.

To: jblair@exis.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hagerty Ins.
From: K M <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:47:47 PDT
I had a real problem with them.  I spoke with the representative and told
him that I had a motorcycle that was my primary vehicle.  He said that it
was not an issue so I sent the check and photo of the car.  Meanwhile, time
was marching on.  They called back and wanted the copy of my motorcycle
insurance so I got that to them. Then they called back in a few days and
required me to increase my liability amounts on the motorcycle policy.  So I
called my broker, increased the amount, and told him that I was going with
Hag.  After all of that, they called and rudely told me that they would not
insure my car because my vehicle was a motorcycle and its insurance doesn't
flow to my car.  The reason that Hag is priced as it is (seemingly
reasonable) is because they severely limit their risk.  That is why they
want you to have another car that is insured so if you rent a car, etc. and
wreck it, your existing insurance covers it without effecting their coverage
on the collector car. Ultimately I got my check and photo back -- the photo
had a big RECEIVED on... stamp on it and no mention of the increased payment
that I was now paying on my motorcycle insurance.  Kim