RE: Hagerty Ins.

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hagerty Ins.
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 07:21:45 -0400
John,
   I can't say that I had the same experience as Kim.
   When i dealt with them on the phone they were very very friendly to me.  They
were much more lenient than ALL of the other classic car insurance companies.
Yes, they do have some restrictions like:
        1. you have to have a daily driver car (and prove it)
        2. the car has to be kept in a locked garage
        3. car should be used primarily for club events and shows (but it can be
used for personal use)
        4.  Mileage should be approx 2500 but they are very lenient with that
also due to the fact that if you drive the car to alot of shows it will get more
miles.

   All of the other companies I talked to were very restrictive on the use of
the car and would only cover the car if you were driving to a show or club event
(so if you had an accident in a parking lot of a grocery store you would be out
of luck)
   Anyway, I sent photocopies of the titles and insurance papers on my 2 daily
drivers, photocopy of my bricklin title, one pitcure of the car, and a check for
$94 (for the whole year).  My Bricklin is covered for $7500 (agreed upon value).
   I have no complaints about the company and would reccomend them to anyone.
   Kim, I am sorry that things did not work out with you and Hagerty.  I bet
that if you tried some other companies that you would find many more
restrictions and much less leniency (None) torward personal use.

                                                        Jamie