Re: A 74 vacuum question

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A 74 vacuum question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:38:00 -0400
At 03:50 PM 6/27/99 PDT, Kim  wrote:

>I bought a little vacuum checker and thought that I would diagram the 74
>vacuum system......

>But, in doing all this, I ran into a vacuum line that either was not hooked
>up or pulled free when I tried to trace it.  Here is where it is but where
>does it go?  From the air cleaner horn a line runs to a little junction in
>the rear of the air cleaner.  Then the line runs from that rear junction
>over to a "T" in the rear of the engine compartment by the wiper motor.  One
>line from that "T" goes to the rear of the Intake manifold (under the wiper
>motor and it, I suppose, is the source of the vacuum.  The other line from
>the "T" is about 5 inches long and I can't find out where it goes. Any
>ideas? Thanks, Kim.

Kim,

  Haven't seen anyone answer your question yet.  I can go by my friends
shope tomorrow after work and look at his 74.  If you think about it,
you might want to send me some email at work (jblair@scn.spawar.navy.mil),
to remind me to stop at my buddies place.  I will probably be leaving
work about 3:30 EST tomorrow.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org