Re: Fw: Carb help

To: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Carb help
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 23:27:45 -0500
It figures! I've never worked on one of these, but the gas appears to be
coming from the main air bleed. I don't see any fuel fog in the boost
venturis, so I assume the motor's not running.

The main air bleed isn't normally connected in any way with the accelerator
pump circuit, so I don't see how this can occur when the motor's not
running. The only possibility I see is that where the upper plate attaches
to the body proper, there may be a problem with the gasket, allowing some
fuel transfer to the air bleed to take place.

If running, and the power valve wasn't properly seated, then the rapid
vacuum change when you flipped the throttle would force fuel out the air
bleed due to an over filled power valve reservoir.

No fuel should be coming out this hole at any time, so if it were mine; I'd
just rebuild it, taking care that all passages are free, and seats for check
balls and power valve aren't pitted.

HTH,

GM