Re: Fw: Carb help

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Carb help
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:23:12 -0500
At 11:27 PM 11/9/99 -0500, Greg Monfort wrote:

>It figures! I've never worked on one of these, but the gas appears to be
>coming from the main air bleed. I don't see any fuel fog in the boost
>venturis, so I assume the motor's not running.
>
>The main air bleed isn't normally connected in any way with the accelerator
>pump circuit, so I don't see how this can occur when the motor's not
>running. The only possibility I see is that where the upper plate attaches
>to the body proper, there may be a problem with the gasket, allowing some
>fuel transfer to the air bleed to take place......

As I remember the one on my friends 74, it is like there is supposed to be
a ball bearing covering a molding hole and the bearing had fallen out.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org