Vacuum Pump Not Working

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Vacuum Pump Not Working
From: "Riley Marquis III" <rileym3@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 10:42:10 PST
Greetings!
My vacuum pump has never worked.  I tried plugging it in with the engine on
and nothing connected to the output port.  I did not hear anything coming
from the pump either.

I took off the plastic piece at the bottom and found a sping loaded
mechanism that can be placed in one of two different positions.  Is this
some sort of vacuum operated switch?  I moved the thing to the other
position before putting the pump back together, but haven't tried it yet.

Also, My car has the vacuum reservior integrated into the front bumper.
Does it also control the vacuum necessary to run the power assist for the
brakes, or any other vacuum related functions, or just the headlamp
operation?  I have two other vacuum parts under the hood, one on each side
of the car.  I think these are the ones similar to the ones used on
corvettes.  what are they and what function do they serve?  How can I test
them?

Thanks!
Riley F. Marquis III
VIN 1758