Fw: Why fuel injection?

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Why fuel injection?
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:34:43 -0500
> And probably 400lbs heavier.  And a lot uglier - no flames please! ;)
======
Hey! I like the looks / features of my convertible. It's very similar to a
Porsche 944 without the costs / headaches, and the lack of power isn't
really missed in gridlocked Hotlanta.
======.

> My '88 RX-7 starts much more easily and runs much better in the cold than
my
> brother's carbureted '83.
======
Hmm, hadn't thought about the impact in the far North where you reside. I
would think rapping lines, etc. on the older car would help.
======
  But with the dynamic effect induction and 2 extra
> take ports, there are a lot of things that make the comparison between a
12A
> and 13B unfair.
======
True.
======

> But in my experience, the injected cars & trucks (not just rotaries) that
> I've driven daily have just been more driveable under real-world
conditions
> - which includes winter up here in Toronto! ;)
======
Comparing the typical bean counter carb systems of manufacturers Vs FI,
where they have to do it ~right to get the gains to justify the extra cost,
you're right. A well done carb system, such as I had on my El Camino, was
every bit as good as the TBI on my Chevy truck, and cheaper.

GM