Re: the 74

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the 74
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:43:50 -0500
At 12:49 PM 2/11/00 -0700, David Ebel wrote:

>I found out that Terry did the door conversion on that 74 I am looking to
buy.
>He also did some door work.  The owner said that the headlights worked fine
>until she had some front end work done to the car.  She is not sure what
>happened.  Any ideas?

Dave,

Most likely the mechanic accidently disconnected one of the vac. lines for
the headlight system.

>I am going to offer her 10 thou for the car next week I think.  - Also,
>someone said that there was something you could do about the flattening of
>the hatch corners.  What is that?!

>From a post from George Curley:

--------
Subject: Hatch Trick

John,
Clamp it to a flat surface like a table with a 2x4 in the center underneath.
I know I read about this in an old Brickline, but I didn't see it when I
checked the Tech Index just now.  I'll look some more later.
George

What George doesn't say, is that once you clamp it to the table, avery couple
of hours take 1 turn on the clamps.  Don't try to do it all at once.  This
will probably take a couple of days.

Maybe someone will have the issue handy and be able to give us more info,
or depending on the length retype it for us.