Advisory: Speedo Cable

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Advisory: Speedo Cable
From: "alfaki" <alfaki@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:57:10 -0400
On the 75's with a/t, the speedo cable is very close and above the exhaust
pipes where the cable is going into the tranny on the driver's side of the
vehicle.  This position can cook the speedo cable and eventually cause it to
fail.  I hear the ends on this cable make it difficult to replace.  I had TT
install one of the last he had that was in good shape.  When he was pulling
his stock, I noticed many having the identical area burned away (about a 6"
section about 12" away from the connector to the tranny.   I'm installing
1.5"x 3'  Thermo-Tec thermo sleeve p/n 14015 to protect the replacement
cable.  Just thought I'd share this with others so they can avoid problems
down the road.

stephan #2821