Re: (no subject)

To: VJCapece4@cs.com
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:42:21 -0400
At 02:54 PM 9/12/00 EDT, VJCapece4@cs.com wrote:

>My master cylinder on my 74, 360 Brick is too pitted to rebuild, but the
>mechanic is having difficulty locating one. Could someone please let me know
>what an acceptable replacement would be for the original. Thank you.

Vinny,

  We can but it will cost you. :)  How much is it worth?  (I'm sending you
a club membership form in a seperate email.)

The info on the master cyl is:

 The Master cylinder has a 1" bore, the larger reservoir is
          toward the booster.  Unique to AMC used on 68-? Ambassador
          68 American 70-76 Gremlin/Hornet 68-74 Javelin, 68-70 Rebel
          and 69 Rambler (possibly a 69 linclon Mark)
*         (NOTE: Becareful getting a replacement for the power boost unit.
          There are several different types - the one you need has the SHORT
          rod comming out.  Also there are a couple of master cylinders.  The
          one you need has the larger reservoir towards the back (booster)
end
          of the master cylinder.

*         Power Boost Unit              AMC # 812-1347 - Short rod - A-1
Cardone 50-3524
*         Master Cyl (only)             AMC 448-5577 or Bendix - 11384 or
A1Cardone - 10-1384
             both items as unit         EIS #71103, Wagner #73333,
Raybestor #MC36386, or
                                        A1Cardone #50-3524 (purchased @
Twin B)

Hope this helps.