Re: alternator quest

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: alternator quest
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 21:14:35 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Wood" <Cybertec@thegrid.net>
To: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 7:01 PM
Subject: Re: Help on HO alternator AND Tilton goes in

> Some higher-amp ford alt. should do it if you have a 75.

Thanks Jeff,
Well, I wish it were that simple.  The stock HO alt for Ford (aka 351M type)
is way too big (huge!) for the B.   Some super HO alts are misleading, while
they may have a higher output at high rpm, at idle, it's actually less and
lights dim.  So,  while some super 100-140 amp alts exist, I'd prefer to
find an alt rated around 70-80 amps as opposed to the stock 60-65.
And so it goes....
 BTW, actually Jeff, I own the only(very rare) "74" B made at the end of the
75 run LOL  ;o)
stephan #2821