Re: Doorskins

To: "Ryan Rodgers" <bricklin_2568@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Doorskins
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:26:33 -0400
Ryan: The best fix I know of is Urethane windshield adhesive. It come in a
caulking gun tube and should be available at most parts stores or at auto
body supply houses. Just clean any rust from the surfaces, squirt some in
and hold until set(1-4 hrs).You want to use some clamps but make sure the
door is closed so the skin will be aligned properly and at the right height.
The adhesive sticks very well and is flexible so the bond won't break as the
door flexes. Be careful not to get any glue where you don't want it as it
sticks even better when you get somewhere you don't want it to stick!
Rick 2028