Fwd: SMOG TEST...

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: SMOG TEST...
From: "Seth" <sbunin@provide.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 22:09:26 -0400
I used to live in Nevada where the smog req's are pretty strict. However, I
seem to remember that the reqs for 73-76's were pretty lenient as those
were the first years for all the smog equipment. While I wouldn't personally
recommend these, there are a few tricks I know to get a car to pass a
smog test. The first and easiest (however some smog tech's know this trick
and look for it) is to pull your PCV out of the valve cover (this buys a few in
the NOx and CO's). Another way to crank down the numbers is to lean the
car out to the point where under a load it'll stall at idle (did this once, had
drive my car two footed to the smog station). I don't know if California got
wise
to this one and added rollers or not, but obviously, if they're gonna put a
load
on the car, the tech will fail it in a heartbeat.

Seth (who lives in a non-smog state now!)