Door lift pneumatic system.

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Door lift pneumatic system.
From: jugeauj@gdls.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:36:48 -0500
Hi All,

    My driver side door lift piston leaks (as best as I can tell) around
the end that's bolted to the floor.
I checked the fittings and even took it apart and replace the sealing tape,
but noticed a hissing around the end of the cylinder itself.
Is there a fix or mod for these cylinders or do I have to replace the
entire cylinder?
Are these cylinder available or would it be better to scout out another
type of cylinder altogether (the guy who rents a garage next to mine works
for a pneumatic company that sells all sorts of stuff and he's also a Ford
nut; how's that for luck).

   Also, is there a way of determining what pneumatic system I have?
I remember being told that there was more than one retrofit kit put out for
Bricklins.
Does anyone know who put them out?

Louis