Re: Door lift pneumatic system.

To: jugeauj@gdls.com
Subject: Re: Door lift pneumatic system.
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:41:29 -0500
At 01:36 PM 1/18/02 -0500, jugeauj@gdls.com wrote:

>    My driver side door lift piston leaks (as best as I can tell) around
>the end that's bolted to the floor.....
>Is there a fix or mod for these cylinders or do I have to replace the
>entire cylinder?

Louis,

  I've been told that the original cylinders are not repairable.  However,
I'd give it to your neighbor and see if he can replace the seals in it.
Can't hurt.  Otherwise, it is a replacement part.  Terry and Bob both have
them, I think at $100 ea.

>   Also, is there a way of determining what pneumatic system I have?
>I remember being told that there was more than one retrofit kit put out for
>Bricklins.
>Does anyone know who put them out?

Terry Tanner originally designed the system.  After him, several people
copied them and tried to make various minor modifications.  As to how's you
have, if you have a large steel box welded to your rear bumper my guess is
that you have one of Terry's systems.  Terry also used KIP solenoids on
the dist. panel behind the drivers seat.  I really don't know what the
differences are in the other systems.