FW: Some newbie questions for ya's!

To: "'Bricklin'" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Some newbie questions for ya's!
From: "Early, Stephen" <Stephen.Early@mbna.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:29:57 -0500
You can replace the sender without removing or even lowering the tank and
it's pretty easy.  I replaced mine in about an hour by raising the left rear
of the car about 10" and sliding under the car.  Access is at the front of
the tank.  I have detailed diagrams and instructions I can post if you need
them.  Be aware that a NOS unit from Bob is about $80 bucks.  You also may
be able to take the old one to your local auto store and get a universal
replacement.  Also, if it's the original sender, it is more than likely that
the O ring sealing the sender to the tank will be destroyed upon removal so
don't remove the sender unless you're sure it's bad.  While you're under
there, plan on replacing all the rubber fuel line.  It's easy, cheap and
good safety insurance.

Stephen I. Early
Portfolio Conversions
MBNA America