Re: 1975 Engine Mods - NO MORE SMOG

To: khand1486@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: 1975 Engine Mods - NO MORE SMOG
From: "ford_edge01@juno.com" <ford_edge01@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 00:02:17 GMT
understands the need to take care of the environment, after all, it's the only
one we have.  That said, I also of this mind set, I am a civil engineering
student with several environmental engineering courses behind me and I am
concerned with the air we breath.  My '74 doesn't have a smog pump, only an EGR
system.  If someone can convince me I can run it without coating the intake
ports and cylinders with carbon build-up then perhaps I would reconsider
removing it.  The amount of NOx produced by my single car which will be driven
perhaps once or twice a week is such an insignificant amount in the grand
scheme of things.  I consider myself environmentally aware, and that does out
weight the performance gains in the end.

Tim