Reinforcing garage

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Reinforcing garage
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:41:51 EDT
I keep my Bricklin in a "portable garage." It is a metal frame building  with
a canvas covering. Twice in the past 5 years, hailstorms have shredded the
fabric. Luckily the Bricklin wasn't damaged either time, but next time the hail
 could be larger. I am looking for a way to reinforce the canvas to prevent
the  hail from penetrating. That way the car will be protected and hopefully I
won't  have to replace the canvas again. Any ideas on what to use?

The garage is shaped like an upside down U. So any material I put under the
canvas needs to be flexible. It also needs to be nonabrasive so, if the wind
makes the canvas beat against the material, it doesn't wear a hole through the
 canvas. It should also be thin because the canvas is sized to stretch
tightly  over the metal frame.

Scott Isensee