A Little Sidetrack of humor

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Little Sidetrack of humor
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:19:12 -0500
As you can tell from my emails I am always trying to get the next thing fixed,
one project after another.  So from my last email you know I was working on my
air conditioning conversion.  I had not been using the system since I still
had the problem sound issue.  I decided to go to a local car gathering that
occurs every Saturday about 10 miles from my house.  Everyone that approached
the car was talking Back to the Future, I had one guy that mentioned Deadline
Auto Theft so people are paying some attention to the differences. After being
there for a while a lady was saying something about Back to the Future again
to my wife and then the high pressure air conditioning hose decided to let go.
Lots of high pressure air, whistling. It definitely had the people coming over
to see the car and what had happened.  The lady made the comment I thought I
was going Back to the Future after she heard the noise.

I had a large mess with the oil charge and leak detector that I had installed,
but fortunately we were in the parking lot of the local shopping center that
had a K-Mart where I could get some paper towels to clean up the oil.  While
cleaning up the mess I had several asking about the car and the history and
several had never seen one.  So ended up as a good way to let people know
about the car and answer questions.  I was able to drive the car home.  No
smoke or issues, but I went ahead and had my wife holding the fire
extinguisher at the ready just in case.  So tomorrow to complete cleaning up
the mess and removing the air compressor belt and start the search to replace
the hose.  As always another thing to work on.

Greg 0036