Buick-Leyland

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Buick-Leyland
From: Gregory72@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 15:26:51 EDT
Howdy Gents
        Talked to Jack Lundin at Lundin Machine about the stock 64 300 head I
gave
him.  After sticking it on the flow bench, he concluded that this head, even
in race form, would only support a motor of about 300 cubes.  Period.  He's
got some flow numbers.  I'll pick them up tommorow.  So.... where does that
leave me?  Well, he agreed that a 331 motor can run well with the head, in
ported form, but... don't look for big horsepower levels.  And with a 1.68 rod
ratio, don't expect it to rev much beyond 4800 rpm.  Hellacious torque levels
down low though.  In esscence, a truck motor.  Or, a motor that would pull a
heavy car around and last nearly forever because it wouldn't be to stressed
(like a P76 or a Buick Special:-).  So... now what?  Looks like the 3.7" bore
by 3.85" stroke motor is in search of a better head.  Anybody got any ideas?

Greg

"If I build it, will you come?"