Re: value of buick 300 heads

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: value of buick 300 heads
From: Daniel Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:05:15 -0500
>>I saw a pair of bare aluminum heads go for $300 at a swap meet a couple of
>>years ago.

>Ouch!!!  New from GM, I assume?

No that's used.  Prices I've seen are $225 to $325 per pair fully assembled
and covered in muck.  Spend a while cleaning and you usually find they
need a little aluminum welding around the coolant transfer ports between the
the head and the block and/or the head and the intake.  Luckily aluminum
is easy to weld and I know a guy that does it at a reasonable price.  Might
also need a surfacing and broken off bolt or two extracted.  The price reflects
the fact they were manufactured for one year only and that was 35 years ago.

Dan Jones