rod length and deck height

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: rod length and deck height
From: "Jones, Daniel C" <Daniel.Jones@MW.Boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 14:44:09 -0600
Does anyone know the deck height distance for the Buick 215 or Rover
V8's?  As I recall, it's fairly large given the stroke.

I was looking at the rods and pistons that came with the Buick 215
stroker motor I bought.  The rods are aftermarket H-beam style
(marked 5700SS - anyone recognize the manufacturer?) with early
Chevy small journal dimensions and are 5.7" long.  There appears
to be room to go to a considerably longer rod.  A 6" rod (available
from the aftermarket in small journal sizes) would fit without trouble.
Long rods are particularly attractive for strokers as they maximize
induction limited configurations. Something to keep in mind for the
next stroker.

Dan Jones