Oil pressure

To: "'buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net'" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil pressure
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:01:04 -0800
2/19/00
Lex,

        You are not missing anything here.  You are right on the mark.

Dave K.

Sorry,

But how can you influance oil pressure at idle by tinkering with the
spring
pressure of the relief valve.

IMHO you can up the oilpressure at idle by diminishing the clearances of
big-end and main bearings or by making certain oil galleries a smaller
bore.

The only purpose of upping the spring tension of the relief valve
is to make oil pressure higher at higher revs.

Or do I miss something here?

Lex.
Holland.