Re: new too

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new too
From: George Bearden <gab16@fresno.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 22:30:03 -0800
Hey!  I just subscribed a couple days ago.  I thot I wud check out this
list for my brother actually.  Right now he is between ISP's.  I'm into
off-roading  modified Suzuki Samurais, he is into Olds 215's and 300's.  He
and I have talked about putting one into my Zuke, but better thots
prevailed.  I have a pic of a Zuke with one in it tho.

I am going to pass along to him a few posts or digests (if they are
available).  He will be the one that will be posting.  He is a fair tuner
and builder.

He has many of these engines in his garage.  He has a 62-ish Olds, and an
MGC roadster with a pumped up 215 in it.  We calculated that if the MG had
had MGB engine, the four banger, the 215 install would be 50 lbs lighter
and more than double the hp.  If the 215 was stock, which it is not by a
fair margin.  If we compared the 215 install weight to the stock cast-iron
six (think its the same one the Brits put in the double-decker buses) it is
about 250 lbs lighter.  The car has the stock MGC hood bulge, and two lil
chrome exhaust tips below the rear bumper.  Other than that, its hard to
know that it is a Vette and Porsche killer.  Oh, the high performance
tires, the nitro switch on the dash, too.  I guess the next step is to make
it a 300, he has all the stuff.  And maybe Pro-jection er sumthin.

I am not into fast cars.. but it is a real experience to put the pedal down
and hang on.  Doesn't start off like a dragster, but in a few seconds the
speedo is swinging past 100 at a good clip.  Not sure what it tops out at.
Prolly around 150 from what I seen and felt.

They did put a licensed version of the 215 into the MGC for a couple years
I believe, not sure.