Improved Parts

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Improved Parts
From: SteveMines@verdugohillshospital.org
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:14:22 -0700
Hi All,

I am new to the list so my apologies for probably asking something that has
been asked 50 times over.  I just purchased a '72 Datsun 510 with a an Olds
215/Muncie 4-speed conversion done to it.

I am in the process of redoing all the hoses and such.  I have the radiator
out and just had it cleaned and pressure tested.  While that is out I was
thinking of maybe switching out the water pump as well since I have access
to it now.  Do I just go to the local NAPA, etc. and ask for a new water
pump for a 1961-63 Olds/Buick 215?  Or should I be requesting something
comparable from a newer model car such as a Rover?  I went to a Pep Boys
looking for a thermostat gasket and the kid behind the counter had a
confused look on his face and said his computer only went back as far as
1968, doh.  Kragen was able to supply the gasket, :-).  Same question for
the distributor, is there a better electronic one available?  Oh and what
about pulleys, is there a same bolt patterned pulley change available to
increase the water pump speed a little, ie, chevy pulleys work.

Any updating suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is my first
dealings with the 215 motor.

Steve
'72 Datsun 2-Door w/V8