Re: FW: [rro] Re: RRO: RE: Pros and Cons: 1994 Range Rover

To: "Larry Michelon" <lmichelon@i-c.net>,
Subject: Re: FW: [rro] Re: RRO: RE: Pros and Cons: 1994 Range Rover
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:50:21 -0400
Larry,

This advice from the Guru at RPi!........and he knows his Rover engines

Essentially the 4.2 is a 3.9 with longer stroking crank, skimmed pistons
and same rods, ( piston crown is thinner)
Its not a bad engine its just that with the new 4.6 cross-bolted short
engine being so cheap, buying or upgrading 4.2's seems a poor value
exercise by comparison.

Hope this helps - If you want an engine send me an email.