Simple question regarding Holley 390 Carb.

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Simple question regarding Holley 390 Carb.
From: "Pete Bronlund" <peteb@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 18:13:22 +1200
Hi folks. Just about to remove the throttle body on my brandnew, outta the
blister-seal box Holley 390 (0-8007) carb & note that they have used six (6)
screws to clamp it to the main body, instead of the usual eight (8). The
holes/threads are there but no screws. Anyone else like to confirm this on
their carb please. My manual shows eight screws (part code 26-7) & that you
need 'em to clamp & seal things properly. The build date is 1927.

Have to take off throttle body because the primary metering plate is soooo
glued on i'm having to resort to some persuasion to part it & the throttle
body is in the way.

Any info appreciated. Pete