Re: Rumour

To: William L Leacock <roverbilly@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Rumour
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 11:58:18 -0400

William L Leacock wrote:

> Why on earth would GM want to buy back a 40 year old design when it has
> far superior products in it's current line up?

I go with you on this Bill. The block has done amazingly well for many
years but I can't see why Ford or GM or anyone would see anything
lucrative left in it. The low prices LR UK is selling new 4.0 and 4.6
blocks to the aftermarket lately suggest a rapid "blow-out" amortization
of the castings and not a potential sale to another manufacturer.

On the other hand, considering how robust the 215 supply market is 45
years later, I imagine the secondary suppliers will be around supplying
us for many decades more...but if you want a spanking new block
just-in-case..now is the time to get it cheap.

Lorne