14 CUX EFI

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: 14 CUX EFI
From: Pieter Erasmus <pietere@adsmr.co.za>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:01:22 +0200
Hi all

My name is Pieter Erasmus, and I am from South Africa. I am battling with my
Range Rover and hope someone here can help me. I have a 1984 Range Rover
Classic and recently converted it to a 4.6 V8 out of a later HSE, and fitted
the 14 CUX hotwire fuel injection from a 3.9 V8 Discovery. The main problem
i have is that when I start the car the revs go very high, to about 2000 rpm
before settling down in steps. With this in mind I have the following
questions :

*       The ECU apparently needs a road speed input. As my Rangie has a pure
mechanical drive for the speedo, I cannot supply this input to the ECU. What
negative influence will the absence of this input have and is there a way to
overcome this?
*
*       The ECU needs some wire, in the case of a manual g/b earthed through
a 520 ohms resistor. When i do this the engine idled to high, so I dont have
any "earth on this input. Is there any negative effect on the ECU?
*
*       The ECU chech light (on the instruments) is not connected, will this
cause the ECU to malfunction?
*
*       How can I determine whether the ECU is in "limp" mode and if so, how
can I reset it to get out of "limp" mode?
*
Sorry for all the questions but I have turned grey trying to solve this
problem...

Regards
Pieter Erasmus