Need piston help (update)

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need piston help (update)
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:01:35 -0600
I tore down the engine to recheck my measurements tonight.

I do have Silvolite pistons.  model 1718.  So the CR should be 8.8 according
to silvolite.
The compression height is 1.845.

There must be something else that is different.  The Felpro gaskets cannot
make up that much.  I ran the calculations between .045 and .020 head gasket
thicknesses and it worked out to about 0.4 difference in the compression
ratio.

Does anyone have specs for Rover pistons?  I'd like to use the 9.35 pistons,
but I want to make sure that something else isn't wrong before buying another
set of pistons.

mike