Cam specs

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam specs
From: "" <james_nazarian@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 02:48:55 -0500 (EST)
 Last question for the evening,This is of the more general type.  How can I
measure the specs of a cam off of the cam itself.  If I recall the important
dimensions are lift, duration, seperation or overlap, and the angle at which
each valve opens.  Can anyone describe, with the use of a degree wheel, how to
measure for all of the important specs of a cam. Thanks a lot, a full
description of my discoveries will follow tomorrow when I have a little more
energy. james