Camshaft sprocket 3.5L

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Camshaft sprocket 3.5L
From: "Phil A." <phil_a_tr8@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:34:30 -0500
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I was looking at the camshaft sprocket that I bought from Rimmer
last summer and I found that it is different from the original.  It has a
large weight on one side.  I have look at all the pictures of the sprocket
that I could find like in the book "Tuning Rover V8 engines" by David
Hardcastle and from other parts sellers and their sprockets don't have that
weight on one side.  That weight unbalance the sprocket and the cam shaft.
The sprocket is standard nylon and is for my 1981 TR8 FI 3.5.  Is this
sprocket good or wrong for my engine?
Thanks,
Philippe