Re: Camshaft sprocket 3.5L

To: phil_a_tr8@hotmail.com, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Camshaft sprocket 3.5L
From: StagbyTriumph@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:02:08 EST
In a message dated 1/15/03 1:41:01 PM Mountain Standard Time,
phil_a_tr8@hotmail.com writes:

> Yesterday I was looking at the camshaft sprocket that I bought from Rimmer
> last summer and I found that it is different from the original.  It has a
> large weight on one side.

       Popular upgrade to the nylon tooth sprocket is an Edlebrock set
containing sprocket, gear and multiplex chain.  Lasts longer, good for higher
revs, and is not that expensive.  Your friendly auto parts store should be
able to hook you up with the complete setup.  That is how I went on my 3.5,
and comparing the OE style components to the Edlebrock stuff is like
comparing rotting garbage to a fresh cooked gourmet meal.

Hummm, must be supper time!

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
President, Triumph Stag Club USA