Manual choke conversion

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, "buick"
Subject: Manual choke conversion
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 00:23:51 -0500
Is anyone aware of a manual choke conversion for the stock 2bbl Rochester
carb that was fitted to the Oldsmobile motors from the factory?  The carb
had a heat pipe takeoff that was piped into the exhaust manifold.  My
headers don't have such a provision and I don't want to add one since they
are ceramic coated; because of this the choke does not work effectively
because I can't get hot enough air into that heat pipe.

I have a choke cable in the car already from my 4bbl carb but I don't really
feel like fabricating a manual choke conversion if I can avoid it.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8
85 Dodge Ram