Advice

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Advice
From: "ELN/edgarhouse" <edgarhouse@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 18:50:03 -0400
Hello Roadster Team!

This is Ron Edgar and I just thought it was time to stop just monitoring
this list and introduce myself. My wife Julie and I live just north of Ft
Lauderdale. (web page below)  I really enjoy the interchange here on the
list and  have learned more then I would have in Datsun Tech School.  I was
exposed to the Roadster Virus back in 1979 when I bought a 69 2000 for I
believe around $4000.  Not knowing anything about these cars I got
frustrated with it not running smooth (carbs I think) and traded it for a
newer Fiat  x-19 in order to make the drive from Florida to a new job in
Texas.  The X-19 fell apart in less then one year later and it never was
half as much fun to drive as the 2000.  Well the Roadster Virus has been
dormant in my blood for 20 years but it never went away.  Now I have decided
to buy two cars, a 2000 for myself, and a 1600 for my soon to be driving
son. (lower horse power I hope = less tickets and lower insurance :-)

Here is where I need some advice.   I am going to see and drive a 69 1600 on
Thursday.  I am somewhat of a shade tree mechanic and must evaluate this car
myself.   Here is what the owners ad says of the car.

1969 DATSUN 1600. everyday driver, new alt., batt, motor mount, timing
chain, oil seals, master cyl, clutch cyl., wheel bearings  $1800 obo

I was told the top is only 2 years old and from the photo the body parts are
all there.  I do not  know the milage.

 Seems like a good deal for the money.  What is the group insight on this
one.
My question is what should I take with me, and what should I test, probe and
listen for ect.

Waiting to enjoy the ride.

Ron Edgar
http://home.earthlink.net/~edgarhouse/index.html