Re: Thermostat problems

To: Eric Stevens or Thomas Robinson <aurelius1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Thermostat problems
From: Mike/Chris Clothier <mclothier@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 11:54:59 -0700

Eric Stevens or Thomas Robinson wrote:

> My thermostat locked up on me shut and i have to replace it.  I thought
> this was going to be simple.  Unfortunately now that i have the cap
> plate off i cant get that joiner housing(the cylindrical piece, not sure
> what to call it) off of the two bolts to get to my thermostat it is
> completely frozen... ANY SUGGESTIONS??
>
> Eric
>
> 69 1600

  Eric,
Mine did this about a year ago and I don't think  the tower(?) had been
touched in years. What I did was soak the bolt holes with penetrating oil
and tapped lightly with a hammer until it loosened up. I think the main
caution would be "lightly tap". You don't want to crack the housing. Good
luck.
Mike Clothier
Norco, Ca.
70 1600