Re[2]: Thermostat problems

To: Eric Stevens or Thomas Robinson <aurelius1@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re[2]: Thermostat problems
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:52:54 -0700
I had that same problem with my '70 1600. You can work a putty knife into
the seam between the washer-joint and tower-joint, being very careful to
not damage the soft aluminum of that housing tower. This will give some
vertical lift to the tower. Do as Mike mentions. Lots of penetrating oil,
and very light tapping with a small hammer (all around, but mostly in an
upwards direction) until it works it's way loose. Took me more than half an
hour to work mine loose. When I put it together, I used anti-sieze compound
on the studs.

See http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/images\r16eng19.jpg
(and r16eng18.jpg)
Remember, lots of patience!